May 31, 2016

Am I online dating or shopping on the clearance rack?




Ok so I recently heard someone compare online dating to shopping on the clearance rack.  Initially I was super offended, hey wait I'm no leftover junk from last season! I'm high end, full price merchandise!  Then I took a minute and I had an "ah ha" moment.  Go ahead...Take a minute...Think about it...Not totally inaccurate, right?

 Well anyone who knows me knows there are few things I hate more than sifting through the overcrowded, jumbled racks of mismatched clothes on the clearance rack only to find something I like that has been misplaced or is not the correct size! ARRRRGH!!!!   Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a bargain but is that tank top for $3.99 REALLY worth the aggravation?!? So the more I thought about it the more I realized that online dating is a lot like tediously sifting through the clearance rack. Scrolling through photo after photo, most of which are probably outdated.  Hey! Guy! I can see the glare from where you took a picture of a photograph with your phone...eye roll. 

Then you find something you think is cute and might "fit" only to realize that there is some manufacturers flaw (no job, no education, just wants a "friend," never lived on their own, casual drug user, still lives with the ex, and the list goes on). How frustrating?!?! Am I right?!?!?  And don't even get me started on the blatant lies people tell.  For example, some people on these websites are either completely full of it or live what I feel would be an exhausting and overly busy life. I don't consider myself lazy, but there's no way I could keep up with all of these people say they do!

  I love to travel, I have been to 62 out of the 50 states and backpacked through Europe. I do so many things I don't even sleep. I have 300,000 Facebook friends (I only actually know 12 of them). I have volunteered for charity, competed in a Tough Mudder, went to see all four major sports teams in action, and ran the Boston Marathon and that was all before breakfast! 

Know what I see when I read this blah, blah, blah, lie, lie, exaggeration! I'm good for like 2 activities a week MAYBE 4 in the summer and 1 is pushing it in the winter haha! 

Alas, this seems to be what dating has come to.  I am now convinced that my lack of bargain shopping skills are hindering my dating life.  Maybe I should take up couponing to enhance my game.  Hey then I'd have something else to add to my profile!  Meanwhile, if you need me I'll be sadly rummaging through the clearance racks searching for that hidden gem!

No comments :

Post a Comment